Students majoring in political science will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in a wide range of public, private, and non-profit sector professions.
- Develop a deep and broad base of substantive knowledge about the workings of law, politics, and government in the United States and abroad.
- Develop and hone writing, communications, and presentation skills, as individual and in team-oriented environments.
- Develop tools and capabilities to understand and analyze quantitative data and to draw conclusions from that data.
- Have the opportunity to integrate their major with practical training and give their careers a head start through internships run by the Hinckley Institute of Politics.
- Political Science is the only major on campus toward which Hinckley internships can count as credit.